Pets are one of the most desired companions, because they help you in many ways in overcoming day to day stress. They are the most playful and joyous creatures. Keeping pets may date back to 12,000 years ago as suggested by archaeology.
This shows how importance of these beings in this man-made world. So they need to be looked after and cared for like any other person or member of your family. Most of us are unaware of the fact that things from our surroundings can cause serious problems to these loving beings. One needs to keep certain things in mind and the do&rsquos and don&rsquots before having a pet in one's house.
To overlook their requirements can be detrimental to their health. Pets unlike humans cannot express what they feel, so it&rsquos our duty to understand their gestures and undertake certain preventive measures to help them. The ASPCA National Animal Poison Control Center situated in North America is the only animal-oriented poison centre that advices various veterinarians and pet owners about poison exposure.
This centre operates 24 hours and helps people understand poisoning in pets in a better way and lists downs the various do&rsquos and don&rsquots. They provide us appropriate recommendations regarding the health issues of all kinds of pets. This recommendation activity is undertaken by licensed veterinarians trained in toxicology.
Many favorite plants in and around your house affect the pets to a great extent because pets generally love to chew them. The ingestion of azalea, oleander, castor beans, sago palm, Easter lily etc can prove very fatal to their health. Pets should be prevented from having access to areas where cleaning agents are used. These can upset their stomach and cause irritation. These pesticidesand cleaners have ingredients that attract pets but consumption of these may lead to severe problems, so these must be kept out of reach.One must not send their lovable pets to areas were fertilizers have been sprayed, till they dry completely.
Also Read : [Tips To Take Care Of Pug Puppy]
All the medicines and drugs should be kept out of their reach as these can be very lethal if consumed even in small amount. For example, one 200mg ibuprofen tablet could cause stomach ulcers in a small dog. Various household items can lead to clinical problems in pets. Like chocolates are hazardous for their health. Other items like mothballs, coffee grounds, potpourri oils etc can prove to be very fatal and toxic.
Automotive products like antifreeze, gasoline should be inaccessible to pets because even a small dose of these can be deadly for these living beings.
Food plays a very important role in the overall development of the pet. There must be a diet plan for every pet. They should never be given spoiled or rotten food. Raisins chocolates, grapes are all toxic foods that can affect their health severely. Alcoholic beverages are very fatal for pets. There are other things listed by ASPCA that should not be given to you joyful companions so that they remain cheerful all day.
To consult a veterinarian before giving your pet medication is a must. All medicines are not suitable for all pets. One that suits a cat might not suit a dog. Even the dose varies from pet to pet. So the products made only for them also should be used wisely, and directions written on them should be read carefully because slight carelessness can lead to pet toxicity. If you are unsure about the dosage, you must immediately contact the manufacturer or the veterinarian.
Undertaking these simple precautionary measures can keep your pet from fatal health issues and retain its joyful and happy nature. This is even beneficial for one&rsquos self because if our pet stays happy, we stay happy as they are the natural stress- busters. Happy pet, happy you!
[Checkout Facebook Community Page for More Pet Care Tips]