The much-awaited monsoon has just arrived enjoy it the best. But, is your pet also ready to enjoy this monsoon the same as you are? As being a responsible pet owner, you need to do the extra care of your pet in the monsoon season because the joy of monsoon celebration comes with some health risks also. After the spell of scorching heat, your pet also loves the coolness of the rainy season. Therefore, this time, I am writing about taking care of pets in the rainy season.
What are the Pets Health Risks in Monsoon Season? 7 Health Issues for Pets in Monsoon
Why do you need to be vigilant to keep your pets healthy and happy in the rainy season? The more in common seven health issues for canine and feline friends as well as for other pets with fur coat that are prone to develop in monsoon season are:
- Leptospirosis: Bacteria-like spirochete, vomiting, lethargy, excessive thirst, loss of appetite
- Mosquito Bites: Heartworm infection, predisposed skin with rashes, red spots
- Gastroenteritis: Digestive disorder: Loss of appetite, vomiting, bowel problem
- Skin Allergies: Red marks or bumps
- Parvovirus Diarrhea: Vomiting, Fever, diarrhea, loss of appetite
- Foot Wounds: Bumpy sores, bleeding spots, damaged skin, Cuts, & abrasions
- Myiasis: Presence of maggots in fur or skin or in the wound
What Are the Major Causes for Pet Heath Risks in The Rainy Season?
Mosquitoes, thick fur/skin, contaminated food, polluted water, moisture, bacterial infections and cold because of temperature change etc put your pets at high health risks.
Seven Pet Care Tips for Monsoon Season:
- Keep The Pets Away From Stagnant Water: Pets love feel of light rain but it is better to keep them inside. To let them enjoy the monsoon season, take them to the balcony or rooftop but avoid letting them go to stagnant water on roads.
- Clean The Ears At Least Once A Day: Long ears are at great risk of getting an infection. Dry the pet&rsquos ears after outdoor play and clean the wax in the ears regularly.
- Keep The Fur Coat Dry: The fur coat of your pet gets damp even if the pet remains inside the shelter. Keep the pet&rsquos bed away from the widow to avoid the catch of mist from the downpour.
- Dry The Paws: The paws are exposed to dirt and mud containing viruses, bacteria, and a range of microorganisms. Cleaning and drying pet&rsquos paws is a must to do exercise franchise everyday care. A range of stylish and comfortable footwear for pets is available at leading customer-friendly online pet stores in Delhi and Noida.
- Protect The Pets From Ticks, Fleas, And Mosquitoes: Parasites transmit and cause a number of diseases. Use anti-tick sprays, powders, collars, and shampoos. Contact your regular online pet care store to get the best anti-tick solution.
- Keep The Pets At A Better-Protected Space: Keep your pet safe and comfortable during the rainy season. Discomfort with thundering sounds and flashes disturb the sleep and mood of pets. Avoid reinforcing its fear by cuddle instead, engage your pet in activities.
- Use Boiled Water: As you use boiled water during monsoon to avoid water-borne disease, your pet also needs protection against water-borne diseases like diarrhea and stomach ailments. Also, break or serve the meals into smaller portions.
The prominent pet stores in Delhi offer online consultancy to help their clients for responsive and perfect pet care during monsoon season MesoPet can be trusted to get the affordable solution for total pet care during the monsoon season of 2021-2022.